1. Download the bios you want to deploy from Dell support site. In this example the file is called “O7010A23.exe”
2. Create a SCCM package with the bios file that you downloaded in step 1.
3. Create a new group in your task sequence and call it “Bios Tasks Windows 10”. I create the group because I want only this step to run it is Windows that I deploy. I control that with a SCCM variable.
5. Create a new group under “Dell” and call it “OptiPlex 7010”, or the model you want to update, with the following condition (SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystem WHERE Manufacturer LIKE “%OptiPlex 7010%”)
6. Add a Run Command Line step and call it “Bios Update A23 for Dell Optiplex 7010” with the following settings
a. Command Line: 7010-A23/O7010A23.exe /s /f /r /p=”PASSWORD” /l=”C:\Temp\DellBiosUpdateA23.txt”
b. Package = The SCCM package you created in step 2.
The step look like this in the task sequence: