Microsoft have released a Windows 7 convenience rollup that contains security updates from SP1 up to April 2016. This is nice because creating a reference image with all the patches is time consuming, because there is so many patches to be installed. In this guide I will show you how to patch the Windows 7 Sp1 wim file. This will make the reference image creating a lot faster.
1. Download the Windows 7 convenience Rollup here. Save it to C:\Update
2. Download the KB3020369 here.
3. Open a CMD in Admin mode
4. Extract Windows 7 convenience Rollup: “expand -F:* C:\Update\AMD64-all-windows6.1-kb3125574-v4-x64_2dafb1d203c8964239af3048b5dd4b1264cd93b9.msu C:\Update”
5. Extract KB3020369: “expand -F:* C:\Update\Windows6.1-KB3020369-x64.msu C:\Update”
6. Copy install.wim from windows 7 media to C:\Image
7. Create a folder: C:\Mount
8. Mount the wim file: “dism /mount-wim /wimfile:C:\Image\install.wim /mountdir:C:\Mount /index:1”
12. Add the .wim file to your task sequence that create the reference image in MDT or SCCM.